Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Hail State!

Since my last post, I had a great few days back at home with my family and friends and then I headed out to Mississippi State!

I arrived at Mississippi State on Friday night, just in time for the homecoming game on Saturday vs. MTSU and the local alumnae brunch before at the Phi Mu house! I was able to meet one of the founding mothers from the Kappa Alpha Chapter, and it was such a sweet experience. The president, Leslie, was sweet enough to give me her ticket to the game, and took me to a local adviser's tailgate for BBQ before the game. I had a great time, and I even got to meet two ADPi consultants who are friends with Caroline, the ADPi consultant who was president at TTU while I was! We had to take a picture together and send it to her!

During the game, I was able to sit in the student section, and I had a cowbell to ring, so I fit in with everyone else. It was so much fun, and Maura the Phi Mu on court looked gorgeous.

While I was at MS State, I was also able to see downtown. The girls took me to a local fro yo place and a local boutique that is owned by a Phi Mu alum. The name of the boutique is LA Green, and it had the cutest things, but I was a good girl and didn't spend any money, especially since when I arrived the girls gave me 4 tshirts to add to my bag already! I cannot wait to get started on a tshirt quilt with all the goodies I have received along the way.

Last night I headed out to be driven from MS State to Huntingdon College in Montgomery, AL. We hit some AWFUL traffic along the way. A trip that would normally take 3 hours took us almost 7! :( Needless to say, by the time I reached Montgomery I was a sleepy girl!

This morning I went jogging around campus, and now I am about to get ready for my meetings later today! Busy day! BUT I can't forget to mention today is my best friends 23rd birthday!!! I wish I could be with her today, but I will get to see her in less than two weeks so that makes it better! Love you Meggy!!

The Kappa Alpha President, Leslie, and I 

No comments:

Post a Comment