Sunday, October 28, 2012

Alabama isn't so bad without the the "Roll Tide"

So I have been in Alabama for my last two visits at Huntingdon College and Samford University!

While I was at Huntingdon, it was really neat to see how far a chapter has came that just was colonized a few years ago! I absolutely loved getting to see a small campus with so much character in Montgomery, AL. The girls were so sweet to me, and I even got to attend a sisterhood event. We played Just Dance on the Wii, played board games, and ate pizza! I loved it! It's so fun to just sometimes hang out and remember how much our sisterhood means! The girls there also gave me a Homecoming Tshirt, comfort colors at that! So I will definitely be wearing that! :)

From Huntingdon I was driven to meet the president of our chapter here at Samford. I was typing her number in my phone to call her and saw she had a 931 area code! Crazy huh? WELLLL.. turns out her name sounded familiar too, and as I started placing my suitcases in her trunk I saw her golf clubs, and it clicked! She used to play golf in highschool for Clarksville, and I played for Cookeville. We used to play in a lot of the same tournaments. What a small world!! I was telling her about how I almost

I am staying at the Phi Mu house here at Samford. There are two girls who are Phi Mu sisters and biological sisters too that live in the room I'm staying in! Their room is THE cutest room I have ever seen. It seriously looks like it came just out of pottery barn with the monogrammed headboards, pink and green bedspreads, pink fridge, keurig coffee maker, and monogrammed EVERYTHING! I absolutely love it, and I want my room in grad school to be half this cute! Ha!

I have had a great time here! The girls took me to eat at a Mexican place called Little Donkey Friday night, and it was SO yummy. Everything is made fresh, and the guacamole was heavenly! Saturday morning I had meetings, and then I had the night off. I was able to go to the gym in the afternoon and catch up on some reports. Not to mention, I finally had a chance to try out my new curling wand! I think it was a success, with the exception of a HUGE burn on my neck. Oopsie! :(

Saturday night I got to go to dinner with Sallie Forrester! I grew up with her in youth group at FBC in Cookeville, and hadn't seen her except briefly in forever. I love getting to see familiar faces during my travels. It is so comforting to see family and close friends. We went to flip burger, and I got a nutella and burnt marshmallow milkshake. It was sooooooooo good. Then we just went shopping around the Summit a bit, and of course had to check out the Loft 40% off sale. But I was a good girl and only spent $12! :)  We picked up right where we left off in our friendship, and I am so thankful for lifelong friends like her!

Today was a great day as well! I had meetings most of the afternoon, but we had a short two hour break before meeting. The girls were so sweet and took me to see downtown and to get a Steele City Pop! They are the biggest hit in town, and the popsicles are great. I got a cranberry orange popsicle! After that, they took me to see the Vulcan, which is like Birmingham's landmark and from the top you can see the entire city of Birmingham! On our way back to campus, we got to stop by the school sign and snap a shot and take a picture with Mr. Beason, a famous alum from here!

I absolutely LOVE the campus and the people. All the girls here are SO sweet.

Tomorrow, I was supposed to be heading off to Maryland to visit Towson! However, Hurricane Sandy had other plans. My flight to Baltimore was canceled, and instead I am going home! I will be home from Monday to Monday, yes an ENTIRE week!!!!! :) but on the flip side of that I am very worried about my sisters who are in the north right now, please say an extra prayer for their safety.

After home, I am off to the state of Arkansas! Can't wait to visit Arkansas Tech and head on to the University of Arkansas again to be reunited with my buddies Shelby, Hanna, and April!! That's all for now y'all!!

Hanging out with Mr. Beason!

Campus sign

The Vulcan

Overview of Birmingham with the President Lauren!

No comments:

Post a Comment