Sunday, September 9, 2012

"Incidentally, pink goes with everything y'all!"

Hey y'all! I don't even know where to start! I have been at Arkansas for a little over two weeks helping with the recolonization of our Alpha Beta Phi Mu Chapter. It has been an absolutely amazing visit to say the least. There are three resident consultants living here in Fayetteville full time, Shelby, April, and Hanna, and I am so glad I got to visit and catch up with them while I'm here! Jess Winkles, Christa, Sopko, Caitlyn Oliver, and Erica were all also here from Headquarters Staff! It was so comforting to see familiar faces when I'm away from home for so long! Beth Monin, past National Council member, was also able to come up for a while, and I hate she couldn't stay for Bid Day too! We are so blessed to have volunteers like her in Phi Mu!

We did several days of PR, which is Public Relations. We got to meet girls on campus, tell them more about Phi Mu, and sign them up for our recruitment process. I was here for two recruitment parties, Pink goes with everything and Sweet on Sisterhood. They both went very well.

Also, while I was here I got to tailgate and semi-attend my first Arkansas football game. We didn't get tickets to the actual game, but we got to call the hogs and tailgate for a while. I can't believe I called the hogs, and I felt like such a traitor to my good ole Vols, but I must admit it was pretty fun.

Over the course of my time here, we had a few mishaps. Our air in the apartment went out, and incidentally the AC man could not fix it for almost 5 days! However, we got to stay in a hotel, and it all worked out. Our 105 degree apartment was just a little too hot to take!

I also got to pick up on a lot of new trends here in Arkansas. I had no idea Chacos were so popular here or I would have packed mine. I needed them for all the hills on this campus. My Jack Rogers were a little tough! I also got some Lily and Laura bracelets (in UT orange of course), and purchased a Southern Trend tank!

We even got to celebrate Hanna's 23rd birthday while I was here. I was so excited to no longer be the only old kid! We ate out at a nice restaurant, and had Rick's bakery about five times in two days. Rick's Bakery is a local place here, and it is to die for. For all my Cookeville friends, it is a mixture of Ralph's Donuts and GiGis cupcakes in one! We need one in Cookeville!

Basically, I had an amazing time here, and Bid Day today was just the icing on the cake! As I saw all of the women tearing open their bid cards today, I began to tear up. It was such a bittersweet special time. I was so proud to be a Mu! Our Bid Day was held at the Chi Omega house on campus, and we had Carnation Collection (the Phi Mu boutique) set up for selling, ate barbeque, took pictures, and had a great time! Also, our Past National President, Frances Mitchelson, was able to come up to help over the colonization process and for Bid Day. I was so excited I got to meet her, and she was so helpful to us!

I am so sad I am leaving tomorrow morning, but even though this has been a great visit, I know I have many more great ones to look forward to! I am heading out to Brenau University tomorrow for a few days during recruitment, and I am looking forward to meeting the women there. Recruitment is my favorite time of the year, and I love that I am getting to help with the first two rounds at Brenau! I will be heading home from there. I cannot wait to see my family and friends in a short five days! I cannot believe I have been traveling since July 23rd. My how time flies. Well, I'm going to post some pictures of my visit and hit the bed for my long traveling day tomorrow! Talk to y'all later!



Hanna, Jess Sopko, and I

Consultants at Pink Goes With Everything Party

Caitlyn Oliver and I 

April and I

Enjoying a little Arkansas sun

Balloon Ceiling at Sweet on Sisterhood Party!

April and I

Shelby, April, and I

Consultants at Sweet on Sisterhood Party

Consultants on Bid Day

Phi Mu Team on Bid Day

Love our new Phis!

Love new Mus!

Besties for the resties!

Past National President, Frances Mitchelson, and I on Bid Day

Alpha Beta Bid Day!

Consultants with our Extension Director, Jess Winkles
Just doing a little PR!

Twinsies! April and I doing PR!

No comments:

Post a Comment