Thursday, September 13, 2012

Brenau University

So it hasn't been long since my last blog post, but I had a short visit to Brenau! I arrived there Monday and tonight I came back to Atlanta. Brenau is an all women's university, and our Mu chapter of Phi Mu is there. Our Mu chapter was founded in 1910, and it is our second oldest consecutively open chapter. There is a lot of history for both the campus and Phi Mu. The women of the Mu chapter were the ones who helped write our creed. Fun fact, huh?

I was there for the Open House and Philanthropy Round. The women worked so hard and did great both nights! I was able to jump right in and lend an extra hand to help out, and I really enjoyed myself.

During the first day of my stay, I was able to run a few errands with the advisors and see the town. We even got to see North Georgia College, where the advisor is from, and I got my picture with that school sign as well since we have a Phi Mu chapter there! :) The town has many old timey stores on the square , and we got to visit an embroidery store, a historical barber shop (which I'm sure my momma and daddy would have loved!), and eat some homemade chocolates! Of course I had a homemade Reeses cup! YUM! I even got to stop by a local boutique, Dress Up, with some of the sisters!

The women also taught me a lot of the campus traditions. With just a little over 800 students, everyone gets to know each other, and the campus has a very comfortable feel.

Tonight, Hara, my boss :), and Robin, came and picked me up to drive me back to Atlanta. I am staying with Hara tonight because my flight is in the morning. We stopped for dinner, and had a great time catching up. I told Hara tonight I feel like the Lucky 13 should be here with me! I am missing my consultant girls a lot!!

I head home tomorrow for the first time since July! I am SOOOOO excited to see my family and friends. I am so excited for a fun filled weekend, and I hope Addison remembers me! Momma, Daddy, and Addison are picking me up at the airport in the morning so I better be getting to bed. :) Goodnight y'all!


Brenau University

With the girls before Philanthropy Round

North Georgia College school sign! (Only about a 30 minute drive from Brenau!)

Girls all ready for Open House Round

No comments:

Post a Comment