Sunday, September 23, 2012

California Lovin'

Hey y'all! It's been quite a while since my last post. SO much has happened since then. I have to update everyone on all the fun things that have been going on.

First of all, after Brenau I was able to go home for a few days and spend some time with my family and friends. It was such a great time seeing everyone and catching up. However, three days is hard to fit in seeing everyone! I got to eat at El Tap, Strouds, spend time with my best friends, eat a bunch of mommas home cookin', see Addison start walking!!!!!!, watch some Titans football, attend church service with my church family, change out my outfits in my suitcase, and SO much more.

After home, I headed out to California (California State University at Northridge)!! First time I have ever been west of Texas. Needless to say, I was so excited. I had such a great time helping with extension there. Three other chapter consultants were there (Coley, Emily, and Katie!) I was so glad I got to see them :) Many other Headquarters staff were there too. I got to stay in the hotel with Jess Winkles, Kerri, and Kilby! Amy (who was my CRC when I was president) and Andi Cash (past national executive council member) were also there. I just loved spending time with everyone there, and I also loved meeting all the new women and the local alumnae. Bid day was Friday, and we got such a great group of young women. The alumnae from the area gave the extension team all a gift for our hard work. Before I tell you what it is, I want to say that it was the most thoughtful gift I have ever gotten in my life. They made us homemade pillows. They were handsewn from special articles of clothing from past Phi Mus. Mine is made from the wedding dress of a Phi Mu from UCLA. Some were from Phi Mu formal dresses of past members, hand sewn fabric, and all other types of special meanings. It was truly such a sweet gift. I have mine on my bed with me right now actually! I just LOVE extension, and I am so glad that I got to be a part of CSUN and Arkansas!

After Cali, I headed out to Bowling Green State University. I originally thought I was heading to Kentucky, but I found out that it is in Ohio. I had a little difficulty with my travels here to say the least. My flight from LA got delayed. I missed my connection from Chicago to Toledo. I had to fly into Detroit. I had to be picked up in Detroit and drove to the Toledo airport to pick up my luggage that turned out to not be there. My luggage got left in Chicago overnight (which I might add I had to check my carry on suitcase too due to a lack of overhead space), and therefore when I arrived at the Phi Mu house I had nothing but my purse and laptop. It was a 15 hour travel day! HOWEVER, the bright side is that when I arrived my sisters here had already purchased me toiletries, laid me out clean pjs, and gave me a bedroom all to myself. They were SO understanding and considerate, and that made my day so much brighter.

Today was Bid Day at Bowling Green, and I just loved the girls Wizard of Oz theme! The chanting, excitement, and running out of new girls gives me chills and brings tears of joy to my eyes every single time! I am so excited to be here until Wednesday, and then I head to Case Western (the home school of one of my good consultant friends, Anna!) I am going to be driven there, so no luggage can be lost! :) Ha!

I recently received my schedule through November, and I am going to 20 universities this semester!!! After Case Western, I am heading south to the University of Georgia. Incidentally, I will be in town for the UGA vs. UT game! Tell me that isn't fate! ;) I am so excited for my upcoming travels, and I will be home to see my family and friends again on October 15-19th!

That's all for now. Here are some pictures I have of the last few weeks!

Extension Team at CSUN after Sweet on Sisterhood Recruitment Party

Chapter Consultants in CSUN

Extension team on Bid Day!

Just had to get my picture with the school sign! (it reads CSUN from both sides too I might add!)

No comments:

Post a Comment