Saturday, January 19, 2013

Everything's Bigger in Texas at Houston Baptist University

So since my last blog I have been at Houston Baptist University in Houston, Texas helping our Epsilon Mu chapter of Phi Mu with recruitment.

I am so proud of the ladies in this chapter, and I cannot wait for Bid Night tonight!! I got here on Thursday for Skit Round, and our theme was Phi Mu Road Trip. It was such a funny skit, and I think I had as much fun as the girls in the skit did. Friday was Philanthropy Round, and everyone knows how much I love CMNH! Today was Preference, and tonight is Bid Night. Our theme is "It's hard to be humble when you are queen of the jungle!" We are taking our new members out to the Rain Forest Cafe for dinner tonight, and I am so excited to see them all come running out to us!

The highlight of my trip though I must say was today on the way back from lunch being told that I was the most influential consultant my chapter has ever had. As consultants we work long hours (especially during recruitment), and the job is not always easy. However, knowing that I made a difference in the lives of the girls I meet is the reason I took this job, and today I felt like I accomplished that! I seriously wanted to tear up with joy! :) I am so glad that God placed this job in my life path, and I cannot wait to see what the rest of the semester has in store for me!!

Preference Day

Phi Mu Road Trip

Philanthropy- I'm a bit of an odd ball! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment