Friday, November 16, 2012

Louisiana Travels

Hey y'all! Since my last blog I have been in the state of Louisiana. First, I visited Louisiana Tech and then University of Louisiana Monroe!

Louisiana Tech is in a small town known as Ruston! I was very excited about visiting this chapter because it was the first time I had ever been in the state of Louisiana! The girls were super sweet, and they took great care of me! I was able to stay in one of their houses, and when I arrived they had me a goodie bag of snacks and things that I had said I liked. They also had a specific chair in their chapter known as the concierge chair that made sure my stay was enjoyable!

The highlight of my trip was probably getting to use the super nice fitness center they have. It is BRAND new. There are brand new machines, and the cardio room has glad walls, and it overlooks the beautiful campus! I really enjoyed visiting this campus because it is so similar in size to TTU that I felt like I could really relate to the girls.

Oh, and I can't forget to mention that I had my first Cane's experience. It is very similar to Zaxby's, but huge in Louisiana, and boy oh boy was it good! The girls also introduced me to Tony's seasoning, and bought me a can to take back home with me. Apparently it goes on basically everything down here and is very spicy! It sits at restaurants just like the salt and pepper does on the table! I'm taking some back to good ole TN with me!

The girls from Louisiana Tech were able to drive me over to ULM on Wednesday! I am staying in a very nice Marriott here, and the hotel is absolutely beautiful! I have been able to have most of my meetings here, and they took me on a campus tour during my stay as well.

Today I wrapped up the last of my meetings, and I found out that I will be traveling again next semester. I am SOOOOOOO excited to travel in the spring as well, especially after what a great experience this has been. Tomorrow I head home for ten days for Thanksgiving break, and I am very excited to have some r&r time with the family. We are even traveling down to Alabama to see my sister Deanna and her family the day before Thanksgiving. I have so many things in my life to be thankful for, and my family is definitely number one on that list!

That's all for now y'all! I better get off here and get to packin'! Can't wait to be back in God's country tomorrow (aka TN)!!

Of course I have to include the campus pics I took at these two schools... ULM's is kinda goofy considering I had to hold the flag out or it looked like I was just visiting the University of Louisiana! HA!





No comments:

Post a Comment